- Who we are
- What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Who on our team has access
- Contact Forms
- Embedded content from other websites
- Who we share your data with
- How long we retain your data
- What rights you have over your data
- Our contact information
- How we protect your data
- What data breach procedures we have in place
- Transparency in Advertising
Who we are
Our website address:
Owned & Operated by:
Email: info AT valkyrie-apparel.com
Phone: (413) 342-0115
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- Products you’ve added to the wishlist: we’ll use this to show you and other users your favourite products, and to create targeted email campaigns.
- Wishlists you’ve created: we’ll keep track of the wishlists you create, and make them visible to the store staff
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent.
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
- Wishlist details, such as products added, date of addition, name and privacy settings of your wishlists
Our team members have access to this information to offer you better deals for the products you love.
We accept payments through PayPal & Square. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to the service you choose, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Visitor comments are be checked through an automated spam detection service called Askimet. The information Askimet collects includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Our general contact form collects your name & email address. We keep your contact form submissions for 90 days for customer service purposes, we will never use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use two services to helps us to understand our visitors; for example, how visitors find our website, how long they spend on our site, which web pages they are most interested in etc.
1. We use Statcounter because better understanding how visitors are interacting with our website helps us to improve the content, design and functionality of our site. This allows us to offer a better online experience to our visitors.
2. We use Google Analytics cookies placed on your computer to analyze traffic to and from our site. Google Analytics allows us to see which advertising campaigns are generating income and which do not. Occasionally Google Adsense makes use of these cookies to display advertising for our company on other sites. Google has created a browser app that you can install if you would like to opt out and prevent your data from being used in this way.
- Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
- IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
- Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
- Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a Statcounter cookie (called “is_unique”) may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from Statcounter and set your browser to refuse same here:
Who we share your data with
We will never sell your personal information and we will only contact you in regards to content you have specifically requested (Your order, our newsletter…etc.).
We collect information about visitors who comment on sites using the Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
How long we retain your data
We keep contact form entries for six months, analytics records for a year, and customer purchase records for ten years.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our contact information
Email: info AT valkyrie-apparel.com
Phone: (413) 342-0115
How we protect your data
- Valkyrie Apparel uses a secure server to store all of your contact information.
- All Valkyrie Apparel staff use an encrypted password storage app rather than saving them in a browser. This prevents random people from sitting down at a computer and logging into the website.
- Account and shopping cart pages are encrypted. Credit card information is not saved on our servers.
- Our log in pages have a ReCaptcha to prevent bots from hacking accounts.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We use two seperate services to scan our site for malware and security issues. If one of those services alerts us to a problem the passwords on all accounts will be reset. After that we will send an email to all of our customers letting them know they need to reset their passwords.
Transparency in Advertising
Valkyrie Apparel targets our advertising efforts to a large market based on shared interests and demographic information (for instance Facebook allows us to target our ads to fans of specific bands and video games). We also target ads to people interested in other plus size clothing stores. The sites we advertise on do not share your information with us. We tell them who we would like to target and they display our ads based on the information you have provided to them.
Sometimes, we use a “shotgun blast” method of targeting customers. In these cases we use very generic keywords to target large groups of consumers in the hopes of reaching those members of our niche market who have not shared much information with the sites we are advertising on.
Additionally, we occasionally use other services that create cookies to help us determine how successful our advertising is. To learn how to opt out of these tracking services visit the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page.